Dictionaries define butter as “a strong emulsion of fats globules, air, and water made via churning milk or cream and used as food”. Butter is called “Navaneeta” in Sanskrit. It is referred as navaneeta in texts of ayurveda too. Butter is commonly crafted from cow’s or buffalo’s milk. But it is able to be crafted from milk of different mammals like sheep, goats, camel and so forth.
Butter organized out of cow’s milk incorporates saturated fat, monosaturated fat, polyunsaturated fats, masses of Vitamin A, Vtamin D, Vitamin D and Cholesterol.
Texts of ayurveda keep in mind butter organized from milk of cow, buffalo and sheep for medicinal use. The fitness advantages of butter are very well defined in ayurveda.
Butter prepared from cow’s milk has the subsequent medicinal houses.
• It acts as a frame coolant.
• This butter nourishes frame tissues and will increase frame power stage.
• The complexion of skin and energy of body will increase whilst butter is ate up.
• Butter increases appetite.
• It alleviates vata and pitta.
• Very effective in piles or hemorrhoids.
• Reduces cough.
• Elderly people and infants are benefited by butter. It acts like an elixir whilst administered to babies and elderly.
Butter prepared from buffalo’s milk has the following medicinal homes
• It increases vata and kapha.
• Butter prepared from buffalo’s milk is heavy to digest.
• Consumption of this butter alleviates pitta, burning sensation and tiredness.
• It will increase high-quality and amount of semen.
• Body fat or medho dhatu receives elevated by means of consuming this regularly.
Butter prepared from sheep’s milk alleviates vata, pitta and kapha and is advanced to all different forms of butter.Texts of ayurveda eulogize the medicinal houses of sheep’s milk.
Sheep milk is treasure of vitamins. It is richer in nutrients A, B, and E, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, and magnesium than cow milk. The chains of fatty acids in sheep milk have many health benefits. They have little impact on blood cholesterol degree of people. It is straightforward to digest fats part of sheep milk.
Butter combined with sandal timber paste is normally massaged over toddlers body to cleanse its skin and melt it. This improves complexion and glow of pores and skin. Butter rub down additionally facilitates to prevent drying of baby pores and skin.